What the heck is a divorce coach?
A divorce coach—particularly a CDC Certified Divorce Coach®–is a trained and certified professional that will help you navigate the divorce process so that you can feel less overwhelmed, more confident, and able to make the best choices for you and your family. Divorce coaches are trained to help clients at all stages of their divorce–whether it’s thinking about divorce, going through a divorce, or recovering and moving on from divorce. With a divorce coach, you will have a supportive, unbiased, and nonjudgmental partner by your side.
What can a divorce coach do for me?
Divorce is hard. Your life has been hijacked and you wonder how you’ll manage the legal, financial, and emotional craziness without going insane. You deserve someone on your side. A divorce coach can help you:
- Avoid the common (and hidden) divorce mistakes
- Prioritize and focus on the things that are most important to you
- Save time, money, and emotional energy
- Figure out which divorce process is best for your situation
- Communicate better with your spouse (or ex)
- Prepare for your visits to your lawyer, mediator, or other divorce professionals
- Build your confidence and find your voice again
- Navigate your divorce with less stress and drama
- Move on and let go of fear, resentment, anger, and heartache
- Prepare for the next chapter in your life–one that you will absolutely love!
Heads-Up: A divorce coach is NOT…
A divorce coach is NOT a lawyer, and cannot give you legal advice or represent you in court. Only attorneys are authorized to do that! However, I can help you find a divorce lawyer in your area, and I can help you prepare for your sessions with him/her so that you feel less overwhelmed and not intimidated. I am here to guide you through the divorce process so you do not feel so overwhelmed, and so that you can feel confident as you move on with your life.
A divorce coach is NOT a therapist, either! Think of the difference this way: a therapist helps you explore your past to uncover some of the issues that may affect what is going on with you right now. However, a divorce coach is not focused on your past. Instead, we help you look at where you are right now, where you want to be, and help you plan for your future.
Is Divorce Coaching Right for Me?
Want to know more? I’d love to talk with you! Schedule your free session at the right. No BS, all private.